Industry expertise will help Mediware continue growth in the blood center market and expand solution capabilities.
LENEXA, KS July 11, 2011 – Mediware Information Systems, Inc. announced today that it has hired Michael Anania as vice president and general manager of the company’s Blood Center Technologies product group. Mediware created the Blood Center Technologies product group in 2007 following the acquisition of Integrated Marketing Solutions (IMS) to focus on the specific needs of blood centers with defined team and suite of software products that include donor recruitment and retention, blood drive coordination, blood testing, manufacturing and distribution. The product group also includes an online ordering system that allows hospitals to place, track and manage blood product orders online.
Mr. Anania joins Mediware from Roche Diagnostics where he was a director in the company’s Molecular Blood Screening division. Prior to joining Roche in 2003 he was the director of marketing for Baxter Healthcare. He was also executive vice president and COO at the Blood Center in New Orleans where he was responsible for day to day management and operations. He started his career with United Blood Services in Chicago as a donor recruiter and ultimately served as executive director of the Chicago operations.
Commenting on the hire, Thomas Mann, Mediware’s president and chief executive officer said: “Michael is a great fit for Mediware. He has the hands on experience needed to lead our team during an interesting time in the blood industry and is passionate about blood banking. In blood centers and hospital blood banks alike, consolidation and changing healthcare practices are altering the nature of the industry. Michael’s expertise will be extremely valuable as we continue expanding our capabilities to meet the future needs of our customers.”
Mediware software supports more than 50 percent of the U.S. blood supply from blood donor recruitment to patient transfusion. The company’s Blood Center Technologies products include the LifeTrak® core donor management system and a suite of productivity enhancing products supporting donor recruitment, retention and hospital relations. The full suite of products includes:
- LifeTrak®: Provides 510(k) cleared donor management capabilities including eligibility, laboratory and distribution;
- KnowledgeTrak™: Provides an online system to manage standard operating procedure documents, staff training and compliance certifications;
- CoordinatorTrak™: Motivates drive coordinators with tools that save time and build loyalty;
- QualityTrak™: Captures donor satisfaction statistics to enhance customer service;
- CallTrak™: Improves the efficiency and effectiveness of tele-recruitment programs;
- OrderTrak™: online ordering system enabling hospitals to order, track and review blood product orders;
- RecruitTrak™: Supports donor loyalty programs by managing integrated donor recruitment plans including the online review of donor histories, eligibility, online store point standings and appointment scheduling.
- SalesTrak™: Maximizes sales prospects through comprehensive customer and pipeline management;
- DriveTrak™: Manages mobile drive recruitment including staff scheduling; and
- SmartDonor™: Providing hospital donor organizations a selection of advanced recruitment capabilities provided to blood centers.
Mr. Anania graduated from the University of Iowa and earned an MBA from the Lake Forest (Ill.) Graduate School of Management. He will be based in the company’s Lenexa, Kans. Headquarters. For more information or to contact Mr. Anania, please contact Mediware’s Lenexa, Kansas offices at 913.307.1000 or 888.MEDIWARE.
Mediware delivers interoperable best-of-breed software systems that integrate with electronic medical records to improve efficiencies and address safety concerns enabling healthcare organizations to improve care processes while decreasing costs. Core Mediware solutions include blood management technologies for hospitals and blood centers; medication management solutions for hospitals, behavioral health facilities, infusion and specialty pharmacy providers; and business intelligence-based performance management solutions for clinical, regulatory and financial aspects of the broader healthcare market. For more information about Mediware products and services, visit our web site at https://www.mediware.com/.
Certain statements in this press release may constitute “forward-looking” statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as the same may be amended from time to time (the “Act”) and are intended to be covered by the safe harbor created thereby. Such forward-looking statements are not necessarily based on historical facts and involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual results of the Company to be materially different from any future results expressed or implied by such forward looking statements. These risk and uncertainties include but are not limited to those disclosed in the Company’s Annual Reports on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and Current Reports on Form 8-K. The Company does not intend to, and undertakes no obligation to, update forward-looking statements to reflect changed assumptions, the occurrence of unanticipated events or changes in future operating results, financial condition or business over time. The Company regularly posts important information to the investor relations section of its website.