Industry-leading, Purpose-built Solution will Automate Management of Service Programs for Alaska’s Populations of Seniors and People with Disabilities
Reston, VA – February 20, 2013 – Mediware Information Systems Inc., the industry’s leading provider of cloud-based long-term care software, announced today the Alaska Department of Health and Social Services, Division of Senior and Disabilities Services (DSDS) has selected Harmony to deliver an Automated Service Plan (ASP) System with a Provider Portal to manage programs and improve quality of service and support for the state’s populations of seniors and people with disabilities.
“Imagine a single online care plan per DSDS client, created by the client’s providers, accessible to DSDS employees for efficient review and then providers for updating. I’m pleased to announce that we will be building such a system over the next couple of years, with support from Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services,” said Duane Mayes, Director, DSDS. “The goal of the project is, of course, to better manage our programs, make them easier to use for our partners, and ultimately provide better support to all of our clients.”
Alaska will use Mediware to manage many service programs focused on providing services for seniors and people with disabilities including HCBS Medicaid Waivers, Medicaid Personal Care Assistance, State-funded services, Older American Act (OAA) programs, Certification and Licensing, and Adult Protective Services. Mediware’s solution will integrate existing systems into a single web-based resource that will enable Alaska DSDS to:
- Manage member’s service authorizations, provider services, and budgeted expenditures for the approved eligibility periods
- Create and track care plan goals, objectives, and outcomes
- Link all consumer demographics, call assessments, activities, care plans, service plans, service orders, and service deliveries in a single, integrated system
- Ensure that billable services have the required preauthorization
- Allow for member involvement in establishing their goals and services
- Manage access to Service Plans with role-based security levels
- Establish automated interfaces and leverage functionality with systems whose data is required for Service Planning but not currently available in real time
- Provide automated dashboards for reviewing selected key program information by approved entities
- Record and archive Service Plan information for future trend analysis and auditing capabilities
- Enable authorized users to build custom reports based on preconfigured templates without assistance from technical staff
- Improve provider and member access to information via the web
“This is an exciting time for all involved to be part of a project that will improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Senior and Disabilities Services,” said Keith Burke, Automated Service Plan Project Manager for DSDS.
“Alaska faces a significant challenge to ensure accessibility to home- and community-based long-term supports and services for one of the fastest-growing populations of individuals who experience disabilities, seniors, and vulnerable adults in the country,” said Joseph Sander, President and Chief Executive Officer for Harmony. “By implementing Harmony’s purpose-built solution, the state is well-equipped to fulfill its mission to promote health, well-being and safety of this population by facilitating access to quality services and supports that foster independence, personal choice and dignity.”
Mediware delivers industry-leading, purpose-built long-term care solutions that enable human services agencies to seamlessly collaborate with their delivery partners to provide high quality health services with extreme efficiencies. Mediware’s suite of products is tailored to individual organizational needs so that they can serve more consumers with existing resources via home- and community-based approaches to long term supports and services. Mediware’s solution is highly configurable and easy to change, making Harmony the proven, safe choice for organizations of all sizes. Harmony’s on-demand delivery model allows government agencies, private companies, nonprofits, and volunteer caregivers to securely collaborate and exchange information so that they can improve service delivery, comply with funding source requirements, and submit claims to federal programs such as Medicaid and the OAA.
Learn more about Harmony’s solution for Medicaid Waivers at: https://www.mediware.com/ltss/solutions/medicaid-wavers/.
Mediware Information Systems Inc., (Harmony), the industry’s leading provider of cloud-based long-term care software, helps state and local agencies collaborate with caregivers and service delivery organizations to empower consumers to thrive in their homes and communities. Harmony’s smart applications for managing Medicaid, Medicare, and Older Americans Act-funded programs are continually updated to comply with policy changes and industry best practices to provide high quality long-term services and supports to the disabled and the aging. The result is a breakthrough in care coordination that reduces operational costs, ensures rapid reimbursements, and optimizes outcomes. Harmony is recognized as the most scalable, robust, and dependable platform provider in the industry and is in use at 40 state-level agencies by more than 25,000 users.