WEBINAR: Behavioral Health Self-Audits: The “Canary in the Mine Shaft” That Can Head Off Large Problems
Managing the constant changes and requirements of state Medicaid programs and commercial insurers can be challenging when your slim reimbursement margins rely on every dollar to stay in business. In particular when dealing with Medicaid, they have become increasingly aggressive in auditing and investigation operations of behavioral health providers.
This webinar presentation will outline what Medicaid programs are searching for to determine if providers have submitted all required claim documentation and whether they are engaging in fraudulent activities. Attendees will also understand why it’s imperative to have a detailed self-audit program as their first line of defense against audits and investigations.
Join Jeffrey S. Baird, Esq., Chairman of the Health Care Group of Brown & Fortunato, P.C., for an eye-opening review of how to mitigate your exposure to audits and how to appropriately respond if you are audited.
This presentation will help attendees:
- Explain how to set up and implement a self-audit program
- Outline factors that trigger a Medicaid audit/investigation
- Understand how an audit/investigation is conducted
- Analyze common fraud traps that providers fall into
- Identify the types of documentation necessary to support claims