WHITE PAPER: Preparing For a Medicare Audit
As a Medicare provider, sooner or later you will be the subject of an audit from the DME MAC, a Recovery Audit Contractor (“RAC”), or the Zone Program Integrity Contractor (“ZPIC”). If a supplier doesn’t respond appropriately, things can go from bad to devastating.
The appropriate response can put the brakes on the auditor and allow the supplier to get back to the business of taking care of patients as quickly as possible. This whitepaper outlines the critical steps in knowing how to prepare and respond to Medicare audits and will help you:
- Understand how audits are reality
- Learn the background of current audit issues
- Evaluate prescriber and supplier medical records that are needed
- Outline documentation needed to submit for audits
- Provide examples of common errors found in audits
Understanding these essential steps will help your business know how to appropriately respond to audits. Start a conversation with your Mediware HME/DME specialist to find out how we can streamline your business with software that was designed for this ever-changing industry!