WEBINAR: Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: Its Specific Impact on Pharmacies
In “A Perfect Storm,” the crew of the Andrea Gail was trapped in the collision of a Nor’easter and a hurricane. The pharmacy profession is trapped in its own version of a perfect storm: audits, increasingly stringent documentation requirements, aggressive PBM actions, and the Affordable Care Act (otherwise known as “Obamacare”).
Join nationally recognized legal expert Denise Leard, of Brown & Fortunato, P.C. as she discusses the specific provisions of the ACA that impact pharmacies.
Some of the topics to be covered include:
• Provider screening and disclosure requirements
• Offsets of payments to providers with the same tax ID number
• Reporting and returning overpayments
• Enhancement of the False Claims Act
• Proactive steps the pharmacy can take to comply with these requirements