HME Audit Key Initiative: Working Together to Advocate for the HME Industry on Capitol Hill
Throughout 2015, HME providers expressed continued frustration with audits. While it’s easy to feel powerless, there are ways to make an impact—at least on a broad level.
That’s why Mediware is proud to support AAHomecare and its recent HME Audit Key initiative, and we encourage you to participate as well. The audit key is a web-based survey, conducted quarterly, that will help AAHomecare gather data on audits and appeals from HME suppliers. The survey will track the impact of audits on our industry to help build the case about the harm that audits cause. Our quick-reference information below will help you understand how you can contribute to the cause.
- Why do we need the audit key? The HME community must be able to better demonstrate, in terms of volume and overturn rates, the burdensome nature of audits. Your participation in the quarterly audit survey will help the industry gather the data needed to make the case for reform and will also help identify new trends and developments in the audit space.
- How does my company benefit from this initiative? In addition to providing critical data for the campaign for audit reform, individual suppliers will have access to their own quarterly survey results as well as aggregate survey results and key findings. Suppliers can use this information to see how they compare to others in terms of audit volumes and appeal overturn rates.
- Where can I learn more and get started? AAHomecare and Provider Consulting Solutions have developed three brief presentations that provide an overview of the program and explain the processes of getting started and entering data into the system. Click here to learn more.
- What information do I need to register? You will need one of your organization’s NPIs and the related 5-digit ZIP code. Click here to register.
- Who can I reach out to for support/assistance? You can email email@example.com, or call 1-844-HME A KEY (844-463-2539). For questions about how your participation will help audit reform efforts and benefit your company, email MinaU@aahomecare.org
Although this initiative is not likely to stop audits altogether, the data will help demonstrate to Capitol Hill that reform is necessary for our industry to survive. Please consider participating in this initiative, so you can focus less on paperwork and more on patients! See how CareTend can help manage issues with audits by having compliant documentation processes that send clean claims the first time.