Recorded Webinar: Blood Banks: 4 Step HIS Survival Guide
What to do when your hospital adopts a new HIS system
Download the PDF of slides from this webinar for insight on 4 steps that make transitioning to a new HIS easier for blood bankers.
During the webinar, Stephanie Hawkins, MT(ASCP), Regional Blood Bank Manager for Providence Health & Services shared her experience after the hospital moved to a new HIS. Her presentation described effective ways to make your needs heard and to do what is best for your blood bank.
As organizations move to big HIS systems to meet today’s ever changing healthcare landscape, the blood bank typically gets left out of the conversation. To help you survive the transition, Stephanie shared Providence’s implementation strategies for transitioning to a new HIS.
Stephanie’s four steps to survival:
- Make your voice heard and get to the table early
- Assert yourself into the conversation and make the right contacts
- Train your blood bank team on the incoming HIS
- Get your interfaces live 2-3 weeks before you go live
- You can download the slides from Ms. Hawkins’ presentation as she takes you through her four secrets to a successful HIS implementation for your Blood Bank.