Emergency Department: Store blood where you need it most
The emergency department is one of the busiest places in the hospital. In such a fast paced environment, you need a system that can respond as quickly as you do. BloodSafe® makes blood available immediately where you need it — from secure, “smart refrigerators” located in or near high-need areas like surgical, trauma or emergency.
Emergency release safeguards specific to the ED
BloodSafe® Emerge provides you with only the features your ED needs. The software works with HCLL™ Transfusion for Emergency issue and is designed to handle the specific transfusion needs in the ED.
- View a one screen design for fast blood bank response to ED requests
- Check blood availability
- Supply life-saving blood to John Doe’s as needed
- Allow the blood bank to store blood in the ED for fast access while retaining blood bank control
- Automatically create orders and tests in real-time based on emergency requests
Go from storage to transfusion in under 60 seconds
- Secure. Both staff and patient IDs must be scanned to withdraw any product.
- Fast. Blood is ready to go in less than 60 seconds.
- Life-Saving. Emergency release of blood products is immediate!
- Efficient. You can deliver inventory on a regular schedule, instead of a case-by-case basis.
Maintain complete control of your blood inventory
BloodSafe is fully integrated with HCLL. Staff can track all remote storage devices and inventory outside of the four walls of the Blood Bank and still preserve complete control, traceability and visibility of inventory at all times.
- Improve C/T ratio
- Decrease turnaround time
- Free up staff
- Reduce errors
- Shrink waste