PBM Certification: Mediware Consulting & Analytics team is ready to help!
What is PBM Certification?
AABB and The Joint Commission (TJC) have announced a collaboration to provide a joint certification for Patient Blood Management (PBM). Certification is voluntary and is intended to help hospitals maximize the benefits of establishing a comprehensive PBM program. Certification is awarded following review of a health care program or service that is in compliance with all standards and meets performance measurement requirements and certification participation requirements at the time of the on-site review. The certification requirements are expected to be announced in early 2016.
Why achieve PBM certification?
Hospitals wanting to provide comprehensive, multidisciplinary, evidence-based blood management for the patients they serve will benefit from certification in many ways. Here are key reasons to consider PBM certification.
- Strengthens community confidence in the quality and safety of care, treatment and services
- Reduces patient exposure to unnecessary risks and improves satisfaction
- Provides a framework for program structure and management
- Validates compliance with nationally recognized standards
- Improves risk management and risk reduction
- Provides education on good practices to improve business operations
- Provides professional advice and counsel, thereby enhancing staff education
- Serves as a tool to attract and retain quality personnel
Why partner with Mediware Consulting and Analytics to achieve PBM Certification?
Mediware has the tools and resources needed to achieve PBM Certification. We provide detailed project plans and active project management, clinical education by PBM experts, draft policies and editable document templates, performance improvement metrics and benchmark analytics along with on-going consultation with PBM experts. When the certification requirements are announced, we can perform a compliance assessment to help you determine the amount of effort required to achieve PBM certification, then work with you to develop a certification action plan.
To learn more about the certification and how we can help you, contact your Mediware program manager or sales director today!