New Edition Automates Consumer Tracking and Claims Workflow to Help Organizations Take Control of Medicaid Waivers Processes
RESTON, VA – May 5, 2010 – Harmony Information Systems Inc., the leader in integrated health and human services management, announced today the immediate availability of Harmony for Aging™ Waivers Edition (Waivers Edition), a comprehensive, off-the-shelf solution designed to help organizations automate Medicaid Waiver services and to manage programs funded by the Older Americans Act, localities and grants.
“With many states operating under unprecedented budget deficits, the need to optimize the use of all funding streams, in particular federal Medicaid, has never been more critical,” said Joseph Sander, President and Chief Executive Officer for Harmony. “We are thrilled to provide an off-the-shelf solution to help organizations take control of the Medicaid Waivers process while better serving the needs of a growing number of consumers without additional resources.”
The Waivers Edition is a flexible case management system optimized for waiver tracking, reporting and billing. The solution provides screening and eligibility determination using canned or custom assessment forms, allows organizations to track planned, ordered and delivered waiver services, utilize various quality measure reports and automatically bill Medicaid with the click of a button.
Key features of the Waivers Edition include:
- Waiver Assessments: Select from a comprehensive library of waiver assessment forms created by leading organizations across the country, or modify them to meeting specific requirements. Using these forms, organizations can quickly calculate custom scores, need indicators and enrollment eligibility status.
- Multi-Program Support: Track multiple programs and funding sources to automate CMS claims, reduce administrative overhead and data entry errors while increasing the rate of reimbursement.
- Care Planning, Service Authorization and Service Delivery: Create care plans comprised of service worksheets, service plans, comprehensive service schedules and journals to optimize the service delivery process.
- Reporting: Home and Community-Based Services Quality Framework reports and Quality Measure reports to track waiver progress plus hundreds of standard reports and custom report generation capabilities to assess operational performance, track outcomes, and comply with funding source requirements.
- Automated CMS Billing: Quickly and easily submit claims to CMS via automated, standardized HIPAA EDI transactions.
To learn more the Waivers Edition and how the Vermont Department of Aging and Independent Living and the Pennsylvania Department of Aging are effectively leveraging Harmony for Aging Waivers Edition to automate Medicaid Waivers processes, register to attend a free online presentation May 19th here.
Harmony Information Systems Inc., (Harmony), the leader in integrated health and human services management, provides comprehensive solutions that enable organizations to manage growing consumer case loads with existing resources. The company’s end-to-end solutions manage the delivery of care for elders and intellectually disabled persons, enabling organizations to maximize outcomes while increasing service delivery efficiency, ensuring compliance with funding requirements, and automating Medicaid waiver processes. Harmony products are used by more than 450 state, local, and private provider human service organizations to manage both traditional and consumer-directed models of service. For more information on Harmony products and solutions, visit www.harmonyis.com or call us at 866.951.2219.