Blood Centers of America Endorses Mediware Technology
Blood Center cooperative that accounts for more than 30 percent of the US blood supply endorses Mediware products for safety and productivity advantages.
LENEXA, KS March 30, 2009 - Mediware Information Systems (Nasdaq: MEDW) a provider of ClosedLoop™ clinical systems for blood and medication management, announced today that Blood Centers of America (BCA) has endorsed Mediware’s blood center technology product strategy and will actively promote special terms to its member organizations. BCA currently has 39 blood center member organizations, which combine to produce roughly one third of the US blood supply.
As a result of a review of current technology, BCA formally endorsed Mediware’s Blood Center Technologies as a preferred platform for its members. Key attributes important to BCA’s selection were the flexibility of Mediware technology; automated support to improve the efficiency of donor recruitment; and the ability to integrate donor data from recruitment to final distribution of blood products to hospitals. Of particular importance was the open nature of Mediware technologies and the ability for blood centers to “hang” other software solutions currently in use off Mediware’s core technology.
“Mediware is ahead in the blood center industry in their ability to leverage technology to improve efficiency of blood center staff and support the long-term goals of blood centers,” said Charles Mosher, BCA president.
Continued Mr. Mosher: “We were particularly impressed with the flexibility Mediware offers. All Mediware products are 100% integrated, web-based and offered individually or as a packaged suite. Their industry specialists can work with our members to implement the right combination of technologies to meet individual needs and productivity goals.”
Mediware’s suite of Blood Center Technologies products includes:
- OrderTrak™, Enables online ordering of blood products for hospitals;
- CoordinatorTrak™, Motivates drive coordinators with tools that save time and build loyalty;
- QualityTrak™, Captures donor satisfaction statistics to enhance customer service;
- CallTrak™, Improves the efficiency and effectiveness of tele-recruitment programs;
- DriveTrak™, Manages mobile drive recruitment including staff scheduling;
- SalesTrak™, Maximizes sales prospects through comprehensive customer and pipeline management; and
- LifeTrak®, a 510(k) cleared donor management system that manages donor eligibility, manufacturing and distribution for many of the largest blood suppliers, testing facilities and centralized transfusion services (CTS).
Mediware will be demonstrating its full line of Blood Management products, including the Blood Center Technologies, at the upcoming South Central Association of Blood Banks meeting, April 2-4 in Oklahoma City, OK.
Mediware delivers blood and medication management software systems that encapsulate information supporting patient therapies, reinforce patient safety practices and improve efficiencies to lower costs. Mediware’s customers include prestigious hospitals, clinics, correctional institutions, blood centers and other public and private health care institutions throughout the world. For more information about Mediware products and services, visit our web site at www.mediware.com.